🔑 Key Takeaways
- Face your fears head-on, train yourself for adversity, and prioritize meaningful activities as life is fragile. By remembering these teachings, you can lead a more fulfilling and purposeful life.
- Don't let uncertainty paralyze you. Instead, prepare, strategize, and organize your time to turn challenges into opportunities. Reflecting on death can help us appreciate life's true value. Slow down and fully experience each moment amidst our fast-paced lives. Children teach us to appreciate every moment, urging us to make the most of our time and make it count.
- Don't just focus on the end goal, embrace the journey and find happiness in what you have. Live and learn day by day, and find fulfillment in meaningful connections and personal growth.
- Success is a personal journey and should not be defined by external factors. Prioritize personal goals and take action accordingly, while also making smart business decisions. Let go of fear and determine success for oneself, rather than feeling the need to meet external standards.
- Determine what success means to you, set personal metrics and celebrate achievements. Prioritize tasks based on control and detach from outcomes. Focus on mastery of task, marketing and promotion, and improvement rather than criticism.
- Embracing honesty and vulnerability with oneself and loved ones is essential for genuine connections and avoiding a false sense of self that causes shame and loneliness.
- To experience deeper connections in relationships, it is essential to embrace your true self and work on becoming the best version of yourself. Therapy can aid in the process of self-discovery and discarding limiting characteristics to build more meaningful relationships.
- Acknowledge traits that hinder personal growth and focus on what matters most. Trust your inner guidance system to overcome fear-based thinking and return to love or spirituality.
- Fear-based beliefs block our connection to spiritual guidance. Clearing these patterns and claiming patterns of love is essential. Turning to prayer, asking for signs, and paying attention to synchronicities can help us receive the guidance we seek.
- Asking the universe for signs can guide decision making, even if a sign doesn't appear. Listen to intuition and trust the process, as the outcome may lead to unexpected opportunities. Signs can be personal and offer reassurance on the right path.
- Honoring our own wounds is crucial to releasing judgment and choosing to see others with love. Recovering from trauma allows us to help others and empower them to reach their full potential.
- Compassion and personal healing are necessary tools for a medium to effectively connect with people, but one must also maintain healthy boundaries to prevent burnout.
- Willingness is essential for change, and trauma work is crucial for personal growth. Meditation, spiritual upbringing, devotion, and commitment contribute to becoming ego-free. Facing our darkest parts with a facilitator can lead to cracking open and attracting good things in life.
📝 Podcast Summary
Three Essential Stoic Takeaways for a Meaningful Life
The Stoics offer three essential takeaways to improve the quality of life. First, remember that you have met your fears with the same weapons you have met your problems. Second, always be training- physically, mentally, and emotionally, so that when confronted with adversity, you can say, 'this is what I trained for.' Lastly, always remember that you will die, meaning life is fragile, and our time should be spent doing things that matter. Don't waste your time worrying about things outside of your control. Instead, focus on what you can do with the time you have. Remembering these takeaways can help you lead a more meaningful life.
Embrace Uncertainty and Make the Most of Every Moment
Instead of worrying or fearing about uncertain situations, focus on making the most of them by preparing, strategizing and organizing your time. Take control of your life story and turn challenges into opportunities. Reflecting on death can help put everything in perspective and make life more meaningful. Rushing through life is like rushing towards death, so slow down and fully experience every moment. Be present and control your present instead of rushing towards the future, which is uncertain. Children can teach us to appreciate every moment because they grow up so fast, and we should make the most of our time and make it count.
Finding contentment and fullness in the journey
It's easy to focus on the end goal and want to just get there, but it's important to focus on the journey and be present in the moments of struggle and pain. Accomplishments may not be as magical or fulfilling as expected, and there will always be someone more successful or talented. The key is to find contentment and fullness in the journey and not be driven by thirst or craving. Choosing to focus on being present, meaningful connections, and personal growth can lead to a fulfilled and peaceful life. So, embrace the journey, live and learn day by day, and find happiness in what you have.
Defining Success and Letting Go of Fear
Success should be defined by oneself, not by what others think. Public quantification of success, such as view counts and likes, makes it harder to focus on one’s own journey. It is important to prioritize what one cares about and take action accordingly while also being aware of smart business decisions. The traditional approach may seem safer, but it is vital to let go of fear and burn the boats behind you. The clarity of sports is envy-worthy, but in reality, we are all running our own race. Accomplishments do not change much in life, and it is crucial to determine success for oneself.
Defining Personal Success and Prioritizing Tasks
Success is subjective and it is important for individuals to define what success means to them. This involves setting personal metrics and celebrating achievements, even if they are not recognized by others. Prioritizing tasks based on what is in one's control and detaching from the outcome is crucial. Mastery of the project or task itself is the most important, followed by marketing and promotion, and patience and time to gain recognition. Criticism is inevitable when putting work out there, but one should stay focused on the work and continuously strive for improvement.
The Negative Impact of Criticism and Addiction on Self-Image and Relationships.
Criticism can be difficult to handle when you have an audience. People are not taught how to deal with criticism and it can lead to guilt and shame. Terry Crews' addiction to pornography made him lie and manipulate the people he loved. He created an image of himself and worshipped it because he was scared of losing everything if his true self came out. But the longer he held onto the image, the more rickety it became until it all fell apart. It's important to be honest with ourselves and the people we love. Only then can we truly connect with them and avoid a false sense of self that can lead to loneliness and shame.
Embracing Your True Self for Intimacy in Relationships
Intimacy in relationships requires revealing your true self, as no one can love you fully if they do not know you fully. Therapy can help in the process of self-discovery and self-assembly as we are not broken but unfinished, and it is up to us to work on ourselves and remove the parts that do not fit. Many of us operate in life with a set of characteristics that work for us and make us successful, but we may realize that these characteristics do not work in all situations, leading to imposter syndrome. It is important to acknowledge that behind our shtick, there is a true self, and embracing and revealing this self to others can lead to deeper, more meaningful relationships.
Recognizing Strengths as Barriers to Inner Peace
Sometimes our strengths in one area of life can be barriers in other areas. It's important to recognize when a trait that has served us well is causing suffering and preventing us from achieving inner peace. We can choose to look at ourselves from a different perspective and focus on what truly matters to us, whether it's connecting with people or following a spiritual path. While some may believe in spiritual guides like angels and ancestors, it's ultimately up to the individual to tap into their inner guidance system and listen to their higher self. The commitment to feeling better can lead us to undo fear-based perceptions and return to love, God, or spirit, whatever that may mean for us.
Overcoming Fear-Based Beliefs to Connect with Spiritual Guidance
Fear-based perceptions and beliefs can block us from receiving guidance from our spiritual guides, intuition or higher power. Such beliefs are built around our ego and the false perceptions that we have created from past traumatic events, leading to a misalignment with love, God, spirit, angels, and guides. To get back into alignment, we need to undo and clear the patterns of fear and start claiming the patterns of love. Prayer is the conduit to surrender our difficulties to higher power and guide. When we give our problems to our guides or higher power, we need to pay attention to the signs or synchronicities that show up around us. Simply asking for a sign and thanking the universe or guides for revealing it can guide us in the right direction.
Trusting the Universe: Finding Signs and Making Decisions
Asking the universe for a sign can be helpful in making decisions or seeking guidance, but even if a sign doesn't immediately appear, there can still be learning in that experience. Trusting the process and making a decision can lead to unexpected outcomes and opportunities in life. It's important to listen to one's intuition and not let fear or outside opinions sway decision-making. Signs can come in various forms and can be personal to each individual, but they can serve as reassurance that one is on the right track or provide clarity in uncertain situations. It's up to each person to give meaning to the signs they receive and trust the path they are on.
The healing journey of motherhood
Motherhood is a healing journey that brings up old wounds, and the biggest lesson is to honor your child's feelings, see them as their own spirit having a human experience, and be their guide and support. When we judge others, we are projecting our own wounds, and the first step to releasing judgment is to honor and heal these wounds. Choosing to see others through the lens of love is essential. The greatest accomplishment in life is the freedom that comes from recovering from trauma because it enables us to help others and show them what they are capable of.
A Medium's Journey of Compassion, Healing, and Boundaries
As a mother, 7 has developed a deeper level of compassion for people and is becoming more unapologetic about her mediumship. She sees people as wounded children and wants to hold them in love. Although she used to have good boundaries when answering questions in her talks, she now has an even stronger desire to hug and comfort people. However, she still has trauma around sexual abuse which she is actively healing through EMDR therapy. Her end game is to feel freedom and live for a long time feeling free, like Deepak Chopra, who never feels triggered due to his practice and devotion.
The Importance of Willingness and Trauma Work in Personal Growth and Freedom.
Willingness is the catalyst for change. When we become willing, we invite the next right action into our life and allow God to guide us. Personal trauma work is essential for achieving freedom and being at ease, and it helps us attract good things in life. Lewis Howes and his interviewee discussed the importance of meditation in staying in alignment and feeling unstoppable. A spiritual upbringing, devotion, and commitment also contribute to becoming ego-free. Facing the darkest parts of ourselves with the help of a trusted facilitator can lead to personal growth and cracking open more. The first step towards change is willingness, and it is vital for those doing big work in the world to be free and at ease.